Greensboro Antique Bottle & Collectibles Show & Sale
Sponsor: SouthEast Bottle Club
Date/time: Sunday November 10, 2002, 9:00am-3:00pm public admission times
Dealer Setup: Sunday 6:00am-9:00am
Early Buyers: $10 Sunday 7:30am-9:00am
Location: Greensboro Farmer�s Curb Market at 501 Yanceyville St in Greensboro, NC
Info: David Jackson (336) 288-2677 or Reggie Lynch (919) 789-4545
Web page with full info on show:
Table sizes: The Farmer�s Curb Market is 8500 sq. ft. indoor heated building equipped with 80 tables, each of which are 10 ft wide by 3 ft deep.
Each table has a 4� raised edge around the front and sides that should help prevent bottles from rolling off.
There is also a raised divider in the middle of each 10 ft table, so each 10 ft table can be subdivided into two 5 ft tables.
By subdividing, we can optionally have 160 of the 5 ft tables.
These wood tables have a layer of tin on the top where bottles will stand, so be sure to bring table coverings so your bottles have something soft to rest on.
The undersigned below agrees to the following terms:
Make checks payable to "Southeast Bottle Club". Fill out info below and mail with your check to:
- Liability: The dealer agrees to be solely responsible for his contract and all acts of his agents and employees, and releases the SouthEast Bottle Club and Greensboro Farmer�s Curb Market from all claims for theft and damage to person or property from any cause whatsoever during the occupancy of dealer on the premises.
- Cancellation policy: You may cancel (in writing or via a phone message) up to 30 days prior to the show date, which means a deadline of October 11, 2002 since the show is on November 11, 2002.
- Table assignments: The Show Chairman will assign all table spaces. Every attempt will be made to co-locate you with other dealers upon request (which is helpful so you can take turns watching out for each other's table while the other shops). If you reserve early, co-locating should not be a problem.
- Refund: Should the Southeast Bottle Club be unable to hold the show at the location and/or on the date stated, due to any cause whatsoever, the dealer waives the right to any claim for damages or compensations except that the rental fee paid for this space shall be refunded in full.
- Valid Sale items: At least 50% of dealer�s items should be related to antique bottles, jugs, insulators, and go-with advertising. Remaining items can be any other tabletop antique or collectible (but please no Beanie Babies). All items displayed for sale must be clearly marked with the price. Reproductions, repaired items, artificially coated (e.g. oiled) items, and artificially colored items must be so indicated on the sale item.
- Table Surroundings: Each dealer with a 10 ft table will be provided two chairs, regardless of the number of tables rented. If you only rent a half-size 5 ft table, then only one chair will be provided. Any furniture besides your table and chair(s) must be approved in advance by the Show Chairman. Dealers will be responsible for providing their own table covering. Indicate if you will need electrical hook up so we can locate you near an outlet (dealers must furnish their own extension cords). For safety and insurance purposes, no objects, sale boxes, stands, or the like are permitted in the aisles in front of sales tables.
- Food/Drugs/Alcohol: No drugs or alcoholic beverages may be brought into the show area or anywhere else on the premises of the Greensboro Farmer�s Curb Market. Food and drinks may be brought in for personal consumption, but not for sale. Concessions will be available in the building.
- NC State Sales Tax: Info about collecting sales tax will be provided in your dealer package on the day of the event. Whether we actually need to report sales tax for this type of event is debatable, but be prepared. If you already have a NC Sales Tax ID number, bring it. If you don�t, you may be required to fill out an application for the Farmer�s Market officials.
- Assistants/Badges: Each dealer with a full size 10� table is allowed one assistant, regardless of the number of tables contracted. Both dealer and assistant must wear their name badges for the duration of the show. Only those wearing official name badges will be allowed behind dealer tables.
- Setup time: Dealers can setup and do selling/buying anytime after setup starts at 6:00am Sunday. Dealers should be setup by 9:00am when the public is allowed in.
- Dealer Packages: For dealers that prepaid for their table(s), your dealer package can be picked up at the front entrance to the show building during dealer setup time. At that time you can confirm the location of your table and determine the easiest entrance to use for unloading. The Dealer Package will include a survey that you can submit to let us know how we did and what improvements we can make. There will be drop box for dealer surveys on the day of the show, or you are requested to mail them in within 14 days of the show so your information will be tallied with other the surveys.
- Dealer Unload/Load: The show building has multiple entrances. You may use any of these for loading. Please cooperate in moving your car out of the way quickly to avoid blocking any other dealers.
- Extra Tables: A few extra dealer tables may be available on a first-come basis for those who didn't reserve one. But those people must wait for our pre-paid dealers to be processed first.
- Breakdown time: The show ends at 3:00pm. You are asked to have your tables cleared by 4:30pm. Dealers who start to break down before 3:00pm risk missing sales and not being invited back next year. Contact a show official if you need to leave earlier than 3:00pm.
- Subleasing: Subleasing of tables is prohibited.
- Free Kid Bottles: We will be offering free bottles to kids (the next generation of collectors), so please bring an extra bottle or two to place on the donation table.
SouthEast Bottle Club
I have read the above contract and agree to abide by its conditions. I wish to rent the following:
PO Box 13736
Durham, NC 27709
____ 10 ft full size table(s) at $25 each - you are allowed one assistant
Complete the following info and return with your payment:
____ 5 ft table at $15 each - 5 ft tables are NOT allowed an assistant
____ optional: SouthEast Bottle Club membership - $10 for Email or $15 for postal mail
Signature (agreeing to terms above): __________________________
First/Last Name: ______________________________________________
Street Address: _________________________________________
Phone number (optional): _____________________________
Email Address (optional): ______________________________________
Dealer badge name and city/state: ______________________________________
Assistant badge name and city/state: ____________________________________
Do you need electrical access? ___ Only tables along the walls have electrical access.
Please locate me near these other dealers: ________________________
Do you want to attend the dealer dinner Sat 7:00pm (night before show) at Applebee�s Grill & Bar
on 3200 Battleground Ave in Greensboro? ____
If so, indicate how many will come ____ so we can reserve an adequate number of seats.
This will be Dutch treat event (i.e. each person pays for their own meal) and will be a
good opportunity to dine and socialize with other dealers.
Applebee�s phone is (336) 282-7100.