Bottle Color Identification
Color is very important when classifying bottles.
Glenn Poch has leant his expert advice in
determining the color of the eight bottles in picture on this page.
The colors from left to right are:
- amber - Landsburg Century Bitters
- emerald green - Dr. Tompkins Vegetable Bitters
- lighter amber - Brown's Celebrated Indian Herb Bitters
- dark puce-amber St. Drakes Plantation Bitters
- root-beer amber - McKeaver's Army Bitters
- blue-green - John Roots Bitters
- light yellow-amber - National Bitters
- amber - John W. Steeles Niagara Star Bitters
Back to Antique Bottle Collectors Haven